K.A.I.R. – Košice Artist in Residence, in collaboration with GeoAIR residency invites artists from Georgia to apply for K.A.I.R. residency. Selected artist will work in Košice on a project reflecting changing environment and the transformation of the city.
Application deadline: February 16, 2015 / 18:00 Georgia time
K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence
In the frame of European Capital of Culture the NGO Košice 2013 is developed an international Artist-in-Residence-program for the artists from all over the world and out of all artistic disciplines and expressions.
We pursuit three main goals within the residency program:
1. Support the creative energy of every invited artist and give her/him the chance to work in a new environment and to find (new) artistic ways of expression
2. Stimulate the art scene in Košice, in the region and in whole Slovakia. Support the dialogue as well as the confrontation of the residency artists with local artists and the wide public.
3. Create/strengthen a beneficial environment for the development of innovative and international contemporary art projects with international and local participants.
According to our main goals, our team will introduce every artist in the social environment of the city and the region and help them to build up networks and collaborations with local artists. We will organise public events like artist talks, projections, workshops, open studios to give all artists the chance to introduce and present themselves to a wide public. A final project/exhibition will show the working process during the stay of each artist.
K.A.I.R. – FACTS
What we provide
• Two month residency in Kosice, Eastern Slovakia (May and June 2015)
• Studio in Kasárne/Kulturpark, former military barracks renovated into the multi-genre cultural centre. The studio is equipped with basic tools and technical equipment.
• Free accommodation in two room flat, fully furnished with kitchen.
• Stipendium 650€ per month
• Travelling costs maximum 500€
• Production and PR support
What we demand
• We are searching for visual artists from Georgia, who are open to collaborations with local artists. The artist should work on site specific project reflecting changing environment and the transformation of the city.
• Artist should be able to know English on at least working level (hosting residency will support with the translations when needed).
• One presentation during the residency and final project/exhibition at the end
• Compulsory attendance
• Presentation/public event about the residency project upon return to Georgia
The application must consist of three PDF files, all written in English and named as below:
• PDF n°1: Curriculum Vitae – a short CV including your name, address, phone, email, educational and exhibition background (named as: CV_NAME_LAST NAME)
• PDF n°2: Letter of motivation and objectives – briefly describe your motivation to come to Košice and first ideas of projects you would like to realize (named as: motivation_NAME_LAST NAME)
• PDF n°3: Portfolio – artist statement and presentation of artworks (max. 10 pages: texts, photos, links to artist´s website, video or audio sharing websites: YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.) (named as: portfolio_NAME_LAST NAME)
Deadline: February 16, 2015 / 18:00 Georgia time
Please send it only via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
(subject line: K.A.I.R./GeoAIR application)
Please note that incomplete applications and those sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Contact to host organization
• K.A.I.R. Management: Zuzana Kotiková – email@example.com / 00421915078489
• Online : kair.sk (official website)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TlrHZFsAK24PDIgj6mReg (youtube channel)